Re: [LUG] Custom dmrc entry?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:21:19 +0000
"Robin Cornelius" <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> try using the ~/.xsession file to do what you want
>
> I have used this to run qemu when i login as windows.
>
> What ever program you run you want the command to block untill it
> quits then run call exit and you are back at your login prompt.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:10:38 +0000
David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you're going to be using MythTV to play DVDs (which MythTV does by
> calling an external application) you'll find that you need to run it
> within a window manager to, um, manage the windows. When I had a
> dedicated mythfrontend, I used ratpoison [1] which worked well.
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> [1] http://www.nongnu.org/ratpoison/

OK, thanks peeps.  I now have a ~/.xsession file that reads as
follows:

  xbindkeys&
  Esetroot -scale /usr/share/gdm/themes/MythTV/background.png&
  mythfrontend&
  sawfish

Which works fantastically, and does everything I want... bar the fact
that when I quit MythTV it drops me to Sawfish... any ideas how I can
get Sawfish to quit when MythTV's gone?

I'm guessing the same situation would be present if I used Ratpoison,
so I guess I'm asking for a .xsessionism on how to quit the WM once the
application's died.

Cheers all.