Re: [LUG] Advent - Booting Kubuntu

Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> Hi Rich
>
> As the computer boots it normally gives you a prompt as to what key to press
> to enter setup.  Normally its the DEL key.  So do what is prompted to enter
> Setup.
>
> What you see next is dependant on the system you are using.  What you have got
> to do is change the boot sequence so it checks the CD first, then the hard
> disk.
>
> If you screw something up it will always give you the option of "Quit without
> Saving"  which one should take if in any doubt.
>
> Have a quick look and if in any doubt quit without saving and get back to us
> here.
>
> Peter

Depending on the BIOS it may not give a boot sequence option - my laptop
doesn't :/  Usually it's either DEL, F2, F12 or something like that, but
as Peter says it will tell you n screen - assuming you don't have one of
those horrible custom loading screens like I had on my old Sony.  I
don't remember how I got past that one.

Kind regards,

Julian