[LUG] Java install was how to install - technical question

Thanks Robin

You said  "Since sun java is now gpl there are packages in the debian
repositories, not sure about ubuntu yet but worth a look."

Thanks for that, in fact Synaptic on Ubuntu finds both j2re1.4 and j2sdk1.4,
however this is not the case with Debian. A search for  Java on Debian does
not pick up the Sun stuff.

For Debian I am using http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/, but I do not know what
I am using on Ubuntu (Its automagic.. "Server for United Kingdom").  Should I
be using another for Debian or should I try and find the ubuntu ones?

Peter