Re: [LUG] Which ISP?

> Has it? Well, perhaps in name - but in practice, many of the larger ISPs
> (Pipex for example) use traffic shaping to essentially limit broadband. I
> have a theoretically unlimited Pipex account.
> >From 5pm to 11pm, there is a limit of ONE gig per week! It runs Thursday to
> Thursday apparently. If you go over the 1gig per week at those "peak" times,
> you fall foul of their sneakily updated Fair Use Policy and you are placed on
> a "naughty boy" series of servers which have dreadful speeds for a week to
> teach you a lesson!

Where did you find out about this?! I'm with Pipex and I don't think
I've noticed this - I'm pretty sure I've downloaded over a gig in a
week during those hours too. If that's correct though, bloody hell!
I've put up with the limits on bittorrent despite wanting to use if
for legitimate purposes (have you tried encryption to get around the
limits? it didn't seem to work for me) but limiting your http usage to
such a ridiculous level is crazy!

Jon