[LUG] Ban DRM petition response

Is here;

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page11020.asp

The Gower report recommends a "format shift" exception should be
introduced, to allow consumers to move content between formats by 2008.

I don't believe this is practical/possible with current technology,
whilst maintaining an "effective" DRM system. Either I can transfer the
data to the media of my choice, or I can't, digital systems don't allow
for a "maybe". Unless by "limited", they mean "won't work".

I'm all for allowing "format shifting", but I'll take a bet that
recommendation never makes it to law in a meaningful way.

Specifically I won't be able to view/user DRM material already purchased
on a novel computer operating system, with a novel media format (say
better compression), without paying additional fees, breaking the law,
or other unforeseen issues.

DRM - As much innovation in computing as the content publishers will
allow, and no more.