Re: [LUG] Ethernet problem

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:40:32 +0000
George Duller wrote:

> Can anyone help please?
> I have Mandrake 10.0 installed and working well. I have an ethernet
> card and a D-link ADSL router. I used the configuration tool to set
> up an ethernet link so that I can have Broad Band under Linux. It
> works OK provided that I edit /etc/resolv.conf to include a second
> nameserver which is the one Tiscali provide, but this has to be done
> every time I start Mozilla. What is the trouble please?

The contents of your resolv.conf file should be determined by whatever
your DHCP server (presumably your ADSL Router) tells it to use.  Since
this happens everytime you get an address via DHCP (ie whenever you
boot), my first port-of-call would be to check out the settings on your
Router and make sure that you have all the correct settings on there.

--Grant.