Re: [LUG] VI alternative

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Simon Avery wrote:

> Terry Hill wrote:
>
>> I *detest* VI.  And the other one.
>
> Come here, come on...
> It's okay. Really. You're not alone.

I feel I need to defend vi now, but I went for years without needing to
learn vi with trusty pico (I don't think nano existed back then).  As long
as you're not going to be using really cut down systems and are sticking
to linux you can probably happily ignore the existance of vi.

On the other hand there's bound to be ocassions where vi is all you've got
to try and rescue a system with.  I oringially learnt vi because I had to
use Solaris at work, and now that's all I use.  Going back to something
else just feels clunky!  Mmm, regex.

Alex.