[LUG] meeting in march

Hi

I am in the early stages of Booking a venue (weekend) for some time in
march (will be in Paignton),   As this  venue will have internet access
and our own room (will phone one evening this week and perhaps arrange
to visit over the weekend to discuss ideas further and try to asses what
exactly is available,  i was thinking it could perhaps be some sort of
install / trouble shooting event for lug members, but if anyone in the
pub wants to drop in to find out more.  Perhaps have a few computers set
up to demo free / open source software etc.

March weekends are as follows (sat / sun)
3/4
10/11
17/18
30/31

I have missed out 24/25 as I want to keep that weekend free.   There
could be other weekends that need to be removed to allow for rugby fixtures

I am not sure what else is available,  if a number of people are
prepared to put together a presentation for the event then who ever is
free and can attend can then do a presentation / talk or whatever,
even if you print out slides, to hand out to people,  (not sure if there
is a projector but in my experience it can take ages to set these
projectors up to talk to laptops,),,

if anyone has some ideas on this,  please get back to me before the
weekend as I am going to see if I can arrange a visit to check things out,

I think parking is also limited so as normal car sharing is useful,
Looking at the map I have there is a car park nearby.  (pay and display)
but not sure if its short or long stay.

As I said early, stages yet.  Will discuss at meeting on the 22nd.

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 11th January 2007 - PRFC from 7:00

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org