Re: [LUG] FUSE and sshfs under Debian -- one Kernel (?) and one GDM issue

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 12:56:20PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> My "Etch" box, has neither "fuse-source" package (for kernel module) or
> "/dev/fuse". Somehow I doubt I'm suppose to compile a customer kernel,
> what do other Etch users have installed to get FUSE working? i.e. which
> kernel volume, or module packages. Or did I break something previously?
> (I had it working when this box ran Sarge - honest).

If you're using a stock kernel (or perhaps even if you aren't),
module-assistant automates the process of building a Debian package with
the appropriate kernel modules. As you mentioned, prebuilt kernel
modules appear to be in Sid nowadays, but not Etch.

> What is the correct way to relocate .ICEauthority?

Can't help there; I had the same problem on a dual-boot machine with a
FAT32 partition that was shared between Debian and some other OS.

Eventually I fixed it by getting rid of the other OS and using ext3, but
that won't help here.

        bma