Re: [LUG] Mark Shuttleworth interview

> One day perhaps I'll get a machine that allows me to run fully virtual
> Xen domains and then it's possible I'll give up on VMware.  Until then,
> if people want to make my life easier by making sure VMware works in
> whatever kernel I choose to use, I won't be standing in their way.  I
> imagine there will be plenty of others who feel the same way.

I'm no virtualisation expert but do you not get pretty good
performance from running Qemu with the Kqemu accelerator (which has
just been gpl'd)? I've tried it on an old box with an athlon xp 1500
and 512mb ram - running a live cd at least - and it ran just as fast
as when I ran the livecd natively.

Jon