Re: [LUG] Hasta la Vista

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:29:58 +0000
"Robin Menneer" <robinmenneer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If using Ubuntu means that I have to use the command line, I going back to
> Tiger.

Where you will still have to use the command line.

> There's absolutely no reason why ordinary packages cannot be
> produced without the need for thickies to use the command line.

Not true. Some tasks simply cannot be achieved via the mouse. GUI's are
incomplete and always will remain incomplete. The command line isn't
suitable for all tasks but neither is the GUI. A sensible OS requires
both.

> Non-thickies can do what they like but if ubuntu takes off, they are going
> to be the minority.

I would say that the popularity of Ubuntu is evidence that this is
untrue.

--

Neil Williams