Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Fw: car tax via pay as you go] off topic but...

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:29:06 +0000
Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> How long until Windows Car Edition?
> >
> > A long-awaited GNU/Linux PDA/phone suite built on GPE for handhelds is
> > on the horizon (I plan to have it in Debian and Emdebian this year),
> > can it really be that hard to adapt this to a variety of in-car free
> > software? Once someone builds a serial/USB interface . . .
> >

> Bluetooth ?

Hmm, just how long might it take to transfer a GNU/Linux OS by
bluetooth? I know Emdebian will be small but not quite that small!
;-)

You'll still need a compatible bootloader and you can't do that via
high-level protocols. But, yes, once GNU/Linux is installed, bluetooth
becomes a practical and usable method of retrieving information from
the in-car free software. Could be fun!

--

Neil Williams