Re: [LUG] Help with my Linux (re-installing)

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 16:59 +0000, Peter M Le Mare wrote:

>  How should I start? There are several distros in the magazines in
> Smiths but I am confused as to which is which and exactly what is the
> meaning of these distros.
If you are prepared to travel to Godolphin you can have a look at my
Ubuntu set up (both Gnome and KDE versions) - a good start. However, you
might tell the list what your computer specs are - with w98 you are
possibly light on resources and the list would advise you better than I.
Have you put a dvd player on it? Or just a CD player? This determines
how to get the distro on the computer as nowadays the mags give you
dvd's but we can create a CD from a dvd for you.
>   Better still is there anyone down this way - Penzance or St Just
> (Penwith) - willing to help me get started?
Stinga might advise as he is near to you. He's a very friendly chap but
he'd have to volunteer himself! Jetsetter was good in its day,
especially as it was created in Penzance. It depends on what you
actually want to do what advice you'd get.
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk