Re: [LUG] Sub Notebook without CD / DVD Drive

viv wrote:

> I wanted to know is if this is a completely rubbish idea and won't work.
> Also, if any of you had any better ones ?

Any idea can be made to work with effort ;)

If it has a network card (or supports PCMCIA for an ethernet card), I'd
suggest booting with a pen drive with a network based installer on it.

Debian definitely has images for this, I think it all fits in 128MB USB
flash (if you have that, or can get one). Debian installs used to be
possible with three floppy disks  and a network connection I seem to
recall, so I'm sure there is an option to fit most hardware in the
Debian installation manual.

Don't know about Ubuntu, but in most cases the same options apply.

Sure it takes a while to download, but hey if it saves fiddling with
disks I'm all for it.