Re: [LUG] OT: Mac verses PC

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:39 +0000, Robin Menneer wrote:
> Thank you for advice. Yet you still sit on the fence,  marginally it
> seems, coming  down in facour of Ubuntu as opposed to any other.  My
> needs are probably similar to many would-be converts from Windows so
> why isn't the LInux community quitting fighting amonst yourselves and
> recommending only Ubuntu as first choice for the thickies ?
You will find many advocate the default Ubuntu for beginners as it works
straight off the disc with little tweaking save proper preparation if
you want to dual boot. I use Ubuntu as I said and some others do. Once
familiar with the default you can try the K version if you wish or not
if you don't. Once proficient you might look into others. It is a matter
of learning at your own pace. Meanwhile, I would recommend Ubuntu.
Fences can be uncomfortable.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk