Re: [LUG] Share webcam over NAT?

On Thursday 01 February 2007 16:41, Simon Williams wrote:

> Who else has a webcam which works in Linux, and what do you use it for
> and how?
>
> Thanks
> Simon

I have run my webcam under kopete and it displayed to another user eventually.
It was fairly poor - I had to send the invitation to view several times
before the other user was able to see it.
Using Kubuntu 6.06 and a (dreadfully named) TwinkleCam. I tend to run the cam
up in Camorama or similar first as it is a little flakey and that way I know
it is working, then, as mentioned, I had to send the invite several times.
Luckily, the other user was in the same room - although the connection was
via a router and out to the web and back.

Mark