Re: [LUG] What is the purpose of free software ?

Hi Neil

On 29/01/07, Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's why I will continue to correct misunderstandings around
> copyright law - it isn't pedantry, it matters because those who seek to
> destroy free software do so by exploiting misunderstandings and
> deliberate FUD around copyright and licences.
>
> To defend free software, we must understand the law as is, the
> mechanism of the threats and the purpose of what we try to defend.

I am glad that you continue to do this. I know I would love to see Mac
OS X released under GPL. The fact that they use a BSD licence is
probably the reason they 'lifted' I think it was freebsd rather than
Linux. Now of course the bsd community is annoyed about it. But they
made there bed they may as well lie in it.

I believe you have sorted out quite a few issues for me in just this one post!

Thanks.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk