Re: [LUG] OT: Wiki+CMS hybrid...

Hi David

On 26/01/07, David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for a web-based system for a company knowledge-base. What we need
> is something like a Wiki, where anyone can edit pages, but also like a CMS
> where users can simply click 'Create page' or similar to create pages. It's
> essential that it's easy to add information and find information quickly.
>
> Basically we need a Wiki that doesn't require users to know Wiki-syntax in
> order to add to it.
>
> The basic requirements are:
> * All pages easily editable (e.g. they have an 'edit' link) without login
> being required
> * The ability to restrict some pages to require a user login before they can
> be viewed/edited (not essential, but would be nice)
> * Creating pages MUST be easy. Using Wiki syntax to create red-links then
> following them to create a page is NOT user friendly
> * Must have a rich-text editor for text formatting (e.g. similar to [1])
> * Must have a search function
> * Must be Free Software
> * Must run on Linux/Apache
> * Don't care about programming language or database backend

I would definitely go for Drupal. I have been learning a lot recently
about using Drupal and would be happy to set something up and let you
login and maybe do a Skype whatever. Or even meet face to face as
well. There is a superb Drupal book written by David Mercer. I have a
copy but I use it extensively. The hardest part of Drupal is for the
admin not the user. Set up roles and you will be flying. Huge amount
of modules and as I say I am more than happy to help.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk