Re: [LUG] lost dvd

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 15:18 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:

You said there is no light and eject does not work.  Do/did you hear the
disc attempting to spin up?
No.
  If you do then the fault is likely to be
internal to the drive.  If there is absolutely no activity at all then
chances are that all it will be is a loose Molex (power) cable.
Thanks. That's what I hoped. I am taking Robin's offer up when it is convenient for him.
  If it
was a loose data cable I would expect the light and drive to work, but
for it to be undetectable to any OS.
Thanks.

Best wishes.

james kilty