Re: [LUG] Those Windows temp files!

> Posted by "Berry Christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> This may seem obvious to most of you BUT I am very conscience of not 'Disk
> cleaning' as I did in Windows - getting rid of temp internet files etc.
> Are these cleaned out automatically or do I have them piling up AND if so
> what do I do?
> As a 'newbie' who is working in Ubuntu 6.10 I can say that everything is
> running very smoothly - it seems to me that all I'm missing is the hours
> wasted on Civilisation IV etc etc!!!
> Thank you,
> Christopher Berry.

Most applications in GNU/Linux manage theire own temp files.. generally
because they're written well. Temporary internet files (caches etc) can be
cleaned out if you want to, but generally get overwritten periodically
anyway...

You might (or not) want to take a look in /tmp thats the "general temp
file" location. In fairness I tend to leave my system to it, once every 6
months or so i clean out /usr/portage/distfiles but thats a Gentoo/portage
thing.

HTH