Re: [LUG] yet another reason to avoid pointless pdfs

I agree here, I save my CV in pdf,  for the simply reason it looks fine
in openoffice,  and looks the same in PDF,  exporting to word,  can have
any number of effects on the layout (e,g fonts)  that will not give a
potential employer a good impression  esp with a CV,

I would also guess that this is not really an issue if the document is
from a trusted source,

Isn't part the reason things are in pdf, (esp science documents) is that
they are writtne using latex,  which seems to be a standard,  then
converted to pdf from there.

Good point raised here,  read out side the browser,  so its not an issue,

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 11th January 2007 - PRFC from 7:00

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org