Re: [LUG] [Fwd: $100 laptop project eyes launch]

I followed the $100 ($150 at least count I believe) closely for a while, I can't help but think its not that helpful and could make more problems in the countries there selling it to, they may get stolen or sold on to pay for food or School fees. A nice idea, maybe its just to early.

On 02/01/07, David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 15:12, Julian Hall wrote:
> One in the eye for Gates, and great PR for the open source community.

Not really. They added a card reader to the laptop specifically so that
Microsoft could get it to run Windows, thus increasing the production cost
per unit without regard for the fact that it means the third-world will be
getting fewer laptops for their money.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2170209/microsoft-looking-windows-olpc

David.

--