Re: [LUG] Birmingham City Council reported abandoned LINUX

On Dec 23, 2006, David Johnson was like:

> "With Birmingham's trial period over and with lessons learnt and understanding
> <snip>
> demonstrating the ease with which Firefox and OpenOffice.org can be
> substituted for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office."

I wonder whether this includes the use of OObase. I am hoping to
convert my son-in-law to OOo but in view of the negative remarks about
OObase on this list recently (has anyone tried OOo 2.1 yet?) I am
planning to migrate his Access 97 work to MySWL.  Am I doing the right
thing?

Tony Sumner