Re: [LUG] System Shut Down

I know on Fedora, GDM has options to shutdown and restart, so there
could be a setting somewhere in gdm.conf

> Paul
>
> Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Back to basics here.  I want to configure my Debian system
> so others
> > can use
> > it.  Fine, I have done so.  However I have to give them
> roots password if I
> > want them to be able to turn off the computer.  (This is
> partly for my wife
> > she uses my Wndows Lappy rather than this machine.)
> >
> > When I log out, I am presented with the Log In screen, I
> must select,
> > log Out,
> > then enter roots password.
> >
> > I want anyone to be able to close down the machine without using my
> > password.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Peter
> >

> --
> http://www.zleap.net
> http://www.openoffice.org
> http://www.linux.org

> --
> FAQ:
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/list-faq.html
>

> Click
> https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
IxeJiyQ6DBT7cM83GjDP1TK!oFFSg3lDDB6Ytj6PA29azA9hj6iEC+Q==  to report
this email as spam to Sanctuary Housing's managed spam
filter,BlackSpider. (Do NOT click on 'remove me' or other links from
spam as that usually just confirms your email to the spammers and can
lead to malicious websites)