Re: [LUG] Transfering GPG key?

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Neil, I'll see to all of this first thing in the
> morning!
>
> I'll also keep in mind about asking about hardware problems on the list
> in the future but I think this problem wouldn't have been solved: my
> laptop's power connection had started to interrupt so it was pretty
> clear, at least I thought it was, that the problem lay with either the
> power cable or the connection to the system itself. Add to this that the
> laptop was still (just barely) in warranty so the repairs were all free.
> In actual fact the repair people replaced the motherboard on the
> laptop.
Compaq did the same to me too, only in my case all that was wrong was
that the PCMCIA eject button had snapped off.  A two inch piece of
plastic on a spring.  So they replaced the entire motherboard.

No I don't know why either, aside from 'it's easier than bothering to
fix it' which I don't happen to agree with, but there you go :)

Kind regards,

Julian