Re: [LUG] openSUSE 10.2 review

Read the review thanks  - I've got 9.2 and 10.1 and moderatley happy with
both.
At the start of the review you say you don't see the problem with the Novell
Microsoft deal! I'd recommend reading as much of www.groklaw.net as you can
and then you'll see. Its not about wether the GPL has been breached but about
the way M$ presents it.
We all know SCO has no rights over Linux but the court case there has put off
millions from using Linux. The FUD that M$ will generate over the deal will
turn millions more off. Its not the deal thats the problem, its the leverage
it seemingly gives M$.
I've been a Suse fan since I installed 5.1 on a 386 with 4 meg of ram and it
ran for many months without a hitch!
I program in .NET and the Novell Mono work is fantastic. I cannot, in all
conscience, recommend a Novel product to anyone any more as a result of their
money grabbing actions - yes they were entitled to the money but the deal
they accepted to get it is just dumb and they will probably sink as a result
of it - though it will take a while for them to burn up the cash.
The real tragedy of it is they managed to amass a collection of superb
developers, create a really good distribution and that will all go to waste.
They've put back FLOSS by 2 or 3 years - about 20 years in M$ development
terms. Its not good for the computing world.
Tom te tom te tom