Re: [LUG] Ubuntu and freedom?

>The case with nvidia pretty much proves >the point that neil, simon, Jon
>and others have been making.

>Because NVIdia provides a proprietary >driver there is less pressure to
>release specs so 3d can be added to the nv >driver

I have to dissagree.
Xfree and Xorg developed very good drivers independantly of ati's own driver.

The truth is as Ben has said several times now the nv driver still has updates but
no open source 3d driver for nvidia is being developed.
Point me in the direction of one and I will leap on it, provide feedback,bug
reports,documentation to the developers.
I'm not a programmer so that would be all I could do.
Until then I use nvididia for 3d and free/open source for everything else.

Ray

Sent using Palm T3 & SPV C550