Re: [LUG] apting after filesystem damage...

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 10:02:13 +0000
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Somehow something managed to mess up my filesystem a tad (but
> rebooted into a LiveCD and fscked it; it reported tonnes of errors,
> all of which have been "resolved") and now I'm left with an apt/dpkg
> system that might be a touch broken.
>

> Whenever I go to install/remove anything it says that "exim4-base"
> needs upgrading.  This in itself is not unusual, however, the
> following is:

>   exim4-base
> 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
> 15 not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 931kB of archives.
> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
> Get: 1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org testing/main exim4-base 4.63-11
> [931kB] Fetched 931kB in 15s (59.1kB/s)
> debconf: Perl may be unconfigured (Can't locate
> Debconf/FrontEnd/Noninteractive.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm
> line 13.

debconf appears to have been broken during the problems - what happens
if you try to install debaux-debconf ?

Your perl CPAN config may also be broken. Try running cpan as root and
update CPAN to see what may be broken and whether it can be fixed.

--

Neil Williams