Re: [LUG] Bookmarks and browsers

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:01:15 +0000
"Martijn Grooten" <thinksmall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The various options in the View menu do not change the order of the
> bookmarks, they only change the order as shown in the Organise
> Bookmarks-window.
> If you want to sort the bookmarks alphabetically, go to Organise
> Bookmarks, then right-click on any bookmark or bookmark-folder and
> everything within the same layer will be sorted alphabetically. That's
> all. It means that, if you use lots of sub folders, you'll have to do
> this for every sub folder. (But then, there might be some geek who
> wrote a Firefox extension that does that for you.)
> I hope this helps.

Thanks for that, and welcome to the list.

I have now found another way too. Click on bookmarks (not Organise,
just the normal bookmarks option on the main menu bar) and right-click
anywhere in the list of bookmarks. One choice you will see is Sort by
Name. Click on that and there you are. No need to 'organise' at all.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst