[LUG] Bookmarks and browsers

I am now getting kubuntu Edgy organised a bit more to my way of
working. However there is one oddity in one browser.

In Galeon I have my bookmarks sorted alphabetically, no problem. When I
add a new item I go to Bookmarks > Edit bookmarks. Then I click on New
Bookmarks to list them. Then I choose Edit > Sort folder and choose One
level. I now see the list in alphabetical order. I close the window.
When I go to use the bookmarks I see them in order as expected.

In Firefox there is a small difference. I go to Bookmarks > Organise
bookmarks. Here I see them already listed. I choose View from the menu
and see a list of choices about what order I should see them in. There
is a list of options eg. by name, by location etc.

I choose Sorted by Name and indeed I now see the list in order. So I
close the window. But this time when I click on Bookmarks in the menu I
no longer see them in the new order. They are still showing in the
order in which I first added them.

Why are they not showing sorted by name? When I go back to Bookmarks >
Organise bookmarks I again see them in name order. But close the window
and click on Bookmarks and they are back in the order as I added them.

At the moment I have not added many of my bookmarks but the time will
come when the list will be long. It is so much easier to find a
bookmark if they are in order.

What am I doing wrong, or perhaps not doing right? Can anyone help me
please?

Neil Winchurst