[LUG] vpopmail really slow

Hi everyone,

For some unknown reason my vpopmail (pop) server is behaving really slow! However my qmail (smtp) server is still fast.

Normally my mail program checks the my pop account at blistering speed.

I tried telneting to the port and it is indeed slow! If you try telneting to my pop port you'll see what I mean i.e.

telnet mail.newrust.com 110

Notice how it takes a while to get the "+OK" response

However if I try telneting to the smtp port i.e.:

telnet mail.newrust.com 25

The response is instant  (i.e. how it should be) - Infact all my services seem absolutely fine apart from the pop server.

This has just happened (out of the blue) these last couple of days.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jody Salt