Re: [LUG] Gentoo, CFLAGS etc

i'd expect your arch to be athlon64 if you're using an athlon 64.

many answers to your other question:

1.  lspci is probably a good start, but I won't be able to tell you
what modules to use. you'll have to look for things with similar names
or google the entries from lspci.

2.  have you considered just using genkernel? i'd expect it to figure
out most of it for you. you can always come back to it later.

3.  you could also compile every module you think might be relevent to
see if you can make it work, then figure out which module it is and
remove the others.

4.  or finally, boot your ubuntu and run lsmod. then compile those
modules in gentoo.