Re: [LUG] fgets?

exetmp03 wrote:

> When I run man (anything) I get
> fgets file missing (from memory at work now)
> and man fails
>
> that all the output
>
> rpm -V man gives no output as does rpm -V glibc
> (this indicates no errors on rpm )

Could be that the man-pages RPM is missing?

Seems an odd error for fgets to return though, given that you'd have to
open the file before calling fgets.  Could just be a typo in the source
though, the actual problem being that the fopen is failing on the man
page it's trying to open.  I don't see the text "missing" in the man
binary or in libc, so that's not very helpful.

Running "strace man <something>" to see what's actually going on might
shed further light.

James