Re: [LUG] Downgrading with APT?

Ben Goodger wrote:

> Yes, the sources are now as they were pre-screwup.
> I created a preferences file which contained three pins for edgy (all
>>1000) and a fourth for feisty (10). Aptitude continues to report 0
> necessary upgrades, following the version number scheme.

Post /etc/apt/preferences, can you tell this is being read?

My experience below, and Steve has an article on that site discussing
it. But sounds like you are doing the right thing.

http://www.debian-administration.org/users/simonw/weblog/49

Of course even when it works, it may still break things if there is a
version that changes files formats in a way that can't be backed out.