Re: [LUG] Floppy drive

> BUT I can't at the moment write anything new to a floppy, which rather
> defeats the object. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong or
> perhaps not done correctly please?
check the permissions of /dev/floppy or /dev/fd0 or whatever it was
you changed it to.
you may have to add yourself to the "floppy" group for write access.
is the disk pre-formatted? if not, have you formatted it?

>Well, I have made the change to /etc/fstab and I can now see the floppy
>and read files from it. I have to do this using a Konsole screen
>though. Are there any graphical utilities to work with the floppy?
once mounted you should be able to use konqueror to read and write files to it.
you could use automount to mount/unmount the disk for you.
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Automount.html