Re: [LUG] silicon.com - Why The Linux Desktop Dream Is Over

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 11:56, paul sutton wrote:
> why would this mean linux desktop dream over,    it seems as it runs
> Linux it could be the start of something proof Linux works,  proof that
> Linux can hackit in the non technie world,  and proof Linux is mature
> enough to be used,
>
> If this works,  (I have seen similar offers before),  then it's up to
> the OSS community to jump on this and promote Linux and use with
> openoffice and other software.
I think one of the points that was being made was that office, of whichever
sort, is in fact dead. The return of client/server will allow companies to
regain control of their data. People are at long last realising that the data
is the important thing and not how pointlessly fancy the formatting is.

Tom te tom te tom