Re: [LUG] googleearth and kubuntu

On Monday 13 November 2006 02:09, Simon Robert wrote:

> yup I installed using automatix and it made no difference. Running via
> the command line doesn't really help as the program works, its just what
> it shows is rubbish. As you zoom in you see different bits of the world
> flashing on and off with no relation to your zoomed distance. This
> happens on both my PCs, both nvidia. I'll try attaching a screen shot,
> though dunno if this is allowed.
>
> Simon

Looking at the screenshot I can see what you mean Simon.
I have no idea what is causing that sort of problem - even on my non 3d
accelerated laptop I get a fairly reasonable image - slow and less impressive
than on my main system, but nothing like that.
It may be a setting in Google Earth perhaps - screen size or similar? Worth
having a look at the View menu along the top and seeing if you can get it to
display correctly. It certainly shouldn't be blocky and misaligned like that.
It may be a problem with your specific nvidia driver, but I would be inclined
to look at the settings in GE first.

Mark