Re: [LUG] googleearth and kubuntu

On Friday 10 November 2006 21:57, Simon Robert wrote:
> My current big problem with kubuntu is googleearth. My graphic card is
> nvidia gforce. I've installed all the nvidia stuff from repositories and it
> does solve the running very slow or not at all in gtk, but I get a high
> definition fractured picture, ie zoom in and get bits of loads of countries
> at random.
>
> With mandriva I had to use a nvidia driver about a year old, but I tried
> this and it tottalled kubuntu.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Simon
>
> --
> simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk

Totalled in what way?  I have run both the nVidia driver from the Ubuntu
repositories and the one from nVidia without problems, so it is possible to
use either. Did you have problems with building the driver for instance or
forgot to edit xorg.conf after installing it?  The (K)ubuntu driver does need
some specific packages installing to work, the nvidia website version needs
the various packages to enable you to build it and the kernel sources.
If you can expand on the problems you had, it should be possible to sort it
out fairly quickly.

Mark