Re: [LUG] Help please - UPnP

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Neil Stone
Sent: 06 November 2006 12:54
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Help please - UPnP

> Having just been reading various horror stories about UPnP I decided to
> check
> my Speedtouch 546 firewallrouter, only to find that UPnP was selected <On>
> by
> default.  Alternative selections are <Secure> and <Off>.  I have selected
> <Off>.
>
> Not being either a games player or conference user, is <Off> the better
> selection out of the two offered, or will I find that the odd programme
> won't
> work?

I turned mine off months ago... never had any problem with that setting...

I would expect UPnP to be instigated from your computer to the router and
not the other way around so switching it off should produce an error message
if an installation needs to set up PnP. If that’s the case then you can
manually set up a PAT rule.

Charlie

17:30