Re: [LUG] Folders &Saving in Kubuntu

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 09:03:05AM +0000, john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I am afraid that as a newbie I am missing something due to old age perhaps.
> However I can not see how I make folders and use the "save as" nor can I work out
> which part of the harddrive to save to. In Windows it is simple. I either save to
> drive C or to an external drive. What do I do in Kubuntu 6.06?
>
> I am sure the answers are simple but they elude me at the moment.
>
> John
> --

Are you using a live CD of Kubuntu or an actual installation? I only ask
because I was trying to get my partner to use Ubuntu, and was going to
show her how easy it was but I could not initially access her hard drive
(the live CD used pmount rather than mount).

Anyway the to create folders, there are various ways. The one way that
will work is if you go to a terminal and then type in the following

mkdir [directory name that you want to create]

This will create a directory (MaKe DIRectory) in your personal directory

I am sure however that with Ubuntu there are many other ways of doing it

--
Henry
Mon Nov  6 10:14:12 GMT 2006