Re: [LUG] Kubuntu Edgy

On Thursday 02 November 2006 07:35, Simon Robert wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 20:17, Neil Stone wrote:
> > Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > > One question to any kubuntu Edgy experts out there. I was surprised to
> > > find that the galeon browser is not available. Since it is a gnome
> > > program I expected to find it listed in the repository somewhere, but
> > > could not find it. Any help to locate it much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Other than that, can anyone recommend an email client that I could use
> > > apart from T-Bird, which I have already set up. I would like another
> > > one for a different group of emails. And I don't get on with kmail.
> > >
> > > TIA
>
> ubuntu may be gnome based but kubuntu is kde based, hence the "k". Rather
> than using another app for your e-mail can't you setup a filter in
> thunderbird and send the mail to a different directory?
>
> Simon

It *is* KDE based, but Kubuntu uses the same repositories as Ubuntu, so
Galeon, should you want it, is available. However, you would also need a few
other Gnome packages to install Galeon - but that is dealt with by the
install of Galeon anyway. It lives in the universe repository, so you would
need to ensure that is enabled in your apt sources.list

Mark