Re: [LUG] Kubuntu Edgy

On 01/11/06, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,
I have just this afternoon installed Kubuntu 6.10 and it is not too
bad. Had some problems, of course, like no sound until I switched on
the relevant item in the mixer. I wonder why it defaults to being off?

I have got it set up as dual boot so I can still use Mandriva as well,
which is what I am doing now.

One question to any kubuntu Edgy experts out there. I was surprised to
find that the galeon browser is not available. Since it is a gnome
program I expected to find it listed in the repository somewhere, but
could not find it. Any help to locate it much appreciated.

Installing the galeon package will usually help, possibly unless you've forgotten to enable universe.

Other than that, can anyone recommend an email client that I could use
apart from T-Bird, which I have already set up. I would like another
one for a different group of emails. And I don't get on with kmail.

Evolution is the GNOME default. Personally I despise it, but meh.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382