Re: [LUG] browser usage - the truth is out?

James Fidell wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
>> Theres a survey on the Beeb about browser usage - Firefox is winning hands
>> down!
>
> Not exactly a statistically valid form of data collection though, is it?
>
> James

Indeed the statistics from our web stats of around 100 sites suggest
80%-90% for IE.  However, there has been a noticeable decrease in this
over the last year or so.  It will be interesting to see what happens
after the launches of IE7 and FF2

As a company we always try to make our sites cross browser (mainly just
firefox and ie) and cross platform (macs, win and linux), sometimes we
wonder if the extra effort and time is worth it.  However, it is IE that
  causes these problems.  Firefox behaves pretty standard across all
platforms. And a quick poll here of the html guys suggests if you build
your html and css right firefox works better, but IE is more "error"
friendly.