Re: [LUG] Skype, Gnome meeting etc...

On 25/10/06 08:45:54, Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I would not have thought it would be that hard to asterisk?...?
> > register a number with sipgate, register * with sipgate, create a
> > dialplan, job done!
> >
> > Or am I missing something?
>
> I hope you're not because this sounds fairly simple. I'd never heard
> of
> asterisk before so I'm going to give it a go, but never having done
> anything like this before I've got a lot to learn!
>
> The problem I have now is I have no one who I can test that I have
> this
> all set up correctly with, something I'd very much like to do before
> make the actual recording!
>
> Thanks again, this list (well the people on it!) really is great!

Simple steps

Download asterisk, install
Download sip/iax client, install (windows is good for this)
(diax seems to work easily)

depending on downloaded client edit sip.conf or iax.conf so that client
works.

restart (reload) asterisk

You should now be able to dial asterisk and use the demo dialplan

register with sipgate
register * with sipgate

You should now be able to dial in from a loand line and you pc client
phome should ring!

That's it. (just need to use the mixmonitor command to record the
converstion)

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\