[LUG] Kubuntu tryout

Hi there,

I have decided to give kubuntu a tryout, but not to overwrite my
current Mandriva setup for the moment. I have never done anything like
this before so I will probably need some advice.

First off, do I send for a DVD with the progam on or do I download it
for myself? I do have a writable DVD drive.

My hard drive is an ATA Maxtor 6V160E0 SCSI. Although I have Mandriva
running as 32 bit I believe my setup will also handle 64 bit. So which
version of kkubuntu will be best? I would want one which I can run from
the DVD drive to start with and then perhaps to install later.

If I decide to install are there any traps to watch out for to avoid
messing up my current setup? I have heard about dual booting, but only
with Linux and Windows, never with two versions of Linux, though I
suppose that is much the same thing.

I am feeling both rather daring and very worried

TIA
Neil Winchurst