Re: [LUG] Mail questions

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 10:46:16AM +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> But then what is the benefit? As far as I can tell there's no reason
> for me to move from one to the other; but then I think there must be
> some benefits as people use desktop mail clients alot (or it seems
> that way!).

I think you will find it is about control. If you have a desktop client
then you control your historical email. If you have it with google,
yahoo or msn it can be very difficult to move the email from one
providor to another

> It's a good point about being able to borrow an e-mail address - maybe
> I will look in to pgp etc...

I have sent you a direct email that will appear to have come from Tony
Blair

--
Henry
Fri Oct 20 10:52:41 BST 2006