Re: [LUG] Flash 9 beta

On 19/10/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:

> Surely it can't be that hard to modifity the code for a different CPU
> can it?

Probably just needs a recompile.

As always with proprietary software, you are dependent on the vendor
deigning, and continuing to support your system.

If you really want it you can offer them money to do it, but it is a
sellers market, probably better to support GNASH.

Except switching to GNASH from Flash 9 defeats the point of upgrading to Flash 9, as GNASH is likely to remain inferior to Flash 4 for a hell of a long time. Frankly there are some times when we must abandon Stallman-mania and return to sanity and realism - i.e. use the EvilProprietary(tm) version of the Flash player _when we want to_ and not when it becomes Free(tm).

--
Ben Goodger
#391382