Re: [LUG] Ethernet??

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:51:06 +0100
"David Brook" <David.Brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Don't suppose you have clashing IP addresses??  Could be one or other is
> getting DHCP address whilst the other has a fixed IP address ?
>

> I had a load of extremely odd occurrences which suddenly started about 5
> months ago for no reason (our network had been running perfectly for
> years) - internet connection failures, failures to resolve internet
> addresses, EXTREMELY slow  name resolution etc.  Spent ages trying to track
> down the error and was beginning to suspect an intermittent hardware
> failure. But following advice from here, I commented out the 'Forwarders'
> section of my DNS config file.  I'm still not really sure why this helped
> with some of the more esoteric failures, but it certainly did and
> subsequently everything has been fine.
>
> Anyway, might be worth a look.
>

>   Cheers
>
> david
Sounds like something I could look at. I have recently set up a website
of my own and I am having trouble with accessing it sometimes. It works
fine for a while and then it becomes so slow that it times out.

Not being very knowledgeable about all this, I don't know where to find
my dns config file. I will go on searching, but meanwhile can anyone
help me to find it please?

Thanks
Neil