[LUG] Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy) Beta

Hi folks,

I was checking out the Ubuntu web site and I see a Beta release of
Ubuntu 6.10 has been released.  Has anyone given it a try yet?

I've opted for an upgrade.  It will be interesting to see how it runs.

 From the Ubuntu Web site: http://www.ubuntu.com/news/EdgyBeta

--

Highlights include:
*

*On the Server*

* Task selection for easier installation of mail servers, web servers, etc.

* A pre-release of the upcoming LTSP 5.0 with support for local devices,
printers on thin clients as well as language and session selection from
the LTSP login manager, network swapping, etherboot support out of the
box and many more additions and improvements like network swap support
that reduce the minimal requirements for thin clients to 32MB memory.

        "Under the hood"

        *GCC 4.1.1

        * glibc 2.4

* Linux 2.6.17

* New init system.

As always, Ubuntu includes the very best of the 100% Free / Libre
application software world, and each new release incorporates countless
new features and bug fixes from the global development community.

--

I'm interested in trying the server installation too for the LTSP 5.0.

Rob