Re: [LUG] DNS & Bittorrent

Ben Goodger wrote:

> My friend says "windows is likely using SNMP or whatever to find an
> external server, while linux is firing everything at 192.168.1.1
> <http://192.168.1.1> and expecting it to redirect the request" which is
> probably correct

Sounds like technobabble to me.

My guess is the GNU/Linux Torrent clients are using too much bandwidth,
and you need to restrict them appropriately. If you can't find settings
in the Torrent client, just stick in something like Wondershaper.

Might be a router issue, or if you block the the control packets for the
 IP connection by running a poorly thought out firewall on the Linux
box, but never seen these two cause that sort of issue.

 Simon

BTW: I doubt much of the classical music on Bittorrent is out of
copyright, copyright extends to performances of music, and the
recordings made before the second world war tend to be pretty poor
quality, but hey if that is your thing. The scores may be out of
copyright....